Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Changes. Another Year On My Journey. Feelings Of Lack and A Full Heart

What can I say it Rhymes?  Having just turned 33, birthdays being a time for reflection and being one who sets birthday resolutions not New Years resolutions, the wheels have been turning this month.  I have returned my focus to health from the inside out.  Though it may be crazy hot where we are I have been moving more, meditating more regularly and my resolution as I said last year, just to be happier, I wanted to keep simple, so this year consistency is my focus.  I have found some crazy cool inspirational people on Instagram whose journeys and smiles are just crazy motivating. 

  August has been such a time for CHANGE for my family.  We moved across state lines.  My daughter and I had never lived anywhere but southern California.  We were blessed to be able to rent a HOME, give our kids a neighborhood, you know the one we grew up in where you could ride your bike safely around and walk to your friends houses?  Blessed beyond measure doesn't even cover it.  I look around and in a rough time (finances, emotions, a feeling of lack) it hit me today how FULL my heart and our lives are.  Not with material things or extravagances but with the things I mentioned above.  My heart gushes at the thought of my kids laying their tired heads to sleep in their beds in their own rooms.  The room in the home that allows me to breathe without the walls closing in on me. The simple pleasure of doing a load of laundry in our own washer and dryer, or pulling the car into, dare I say it? the garage.  Walking the kids to one of the best schools in the district because we are close enough to not have to drive.  The school that offers music as an elective at 3rd grade and some sort of music is REQUIRED at 5th grade.  As a girl coming from California and all the state funding and loss of the arts in schools was so sad.  Oh and our 3rd grader can opt yo join the track and cross country team if she wants! Crazy cool.  And for the second day in a row the Hubby and I got up and as he practiced his Disc Golf I did my walk/jog of 2 miles.  Not the greatest pace but moving.  I also had this moment as I was jogging around the track that surrounds the grass area where he was practicing I glanced over and just realized, like you do in the beginning of a relationship, how incredibly lucky I am to call my "tall drink of water" mine! 


So I guess today I had my shift in my thoughts, and you know what they say, Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life ( Thank you Dr. Wayne Dyer), instead of focusing on the lack, I need to focus inward on my overflowing heart of gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment