Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life as it is and what might be missing

To say I am going through a rough patch in my life, well, I think that's an understatement.  Things in life are shifting, like after an earthquake.  You know the earthquake itself is over but you are constantly waiting for the aftershocks.  Always afraid that the next time you put your foot down the earth below you might not be in the same place you left it. I still don't know where or how everything is going to end up, all I can do is work on me and do the best I know how for me and the Bug (and the Tuff...whom I feel I have yet to introduce...my 5 year old pit bull).  That's all anyone can do is there best right?  By no means does this mean I make no mistakes.  My best right now comes with many a flaw.  I am a work in progress.  I am learning.  Learning to trust myself, and really for the first time to love myself.  It feels good to be pointed in that direction at least, amidst all the yuck going on right now.

The way I am feeling a lot lately is that I am missing a part of my trinity.  I know the logical way to a healthy body: Eat well, and move more.  A healthy mind: Start learning to love and trust myself, let go of the past, forgive, live in the moment (reading a lot on the subject).  The spirit though...I've never been taught how to have a relationship with that portion of myself or God for that matter.  And I want to avoid getting caught up in the "religion" debate/conversation with everyone.  I believe there is more than one road to God, I am struggling with finding my own.  I think Elizabeth Gilbert in "Eat, Pray, Love" said it best for me.

"I want to have a lasting experience of God.  Sometimes I feel like I understand the divinity in this world, but then I lose it because I get distracted by my petty desires and fears.  I want to be with God all the time.  But I don't want to be a monk , or totally give up worldly pleasures.  I guess what I want to learn is to live in this world and enjoy it's delights but also devote myself to God."

My search for such has begun I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment