Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Me Time

Oh how I have missed it.  Me Time.  I cannot describe the simple joy I get now from doing things completely on my own.  Wandering through Target sans child is almost blissful.  Today, knowing that I had a 2 1/2 hour span that the Bug (also known as my daughter) would be in preschool I decided my exercise of choice today in the 90 degree weather should be swimming.  The pool was not totally deserted but few enough people were there that it remained pleasant.  i couldn't swim for as long as I thought, but that will come as I build up endurance and strength.  But after I was out of breath, I made sure to give myself enough Me Time to sit and just soak up the sun.  No one to talk to, no book, no electronic devices, just me and the sun.

For my mind and body, I am glad I took some quiet time out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment