Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Change Is In The Air

Southern California and fall has crept up on us.  The slight chill in the air...the trees have yet to start their changing but oh how I look forward to that.  The leaves in their brilliant colors of orange and yellow always make me smile.

So this, and life in general has me thinking about change.  There are constant changes in our lives, big and small. Work, kids, pets, living situations, friends coming and going, sanity coming and going.  I suppose how we deal with all of these, really says something about who we are and where we are in our lives.  I often feel as though I am back to square one with a lot of things in my life.  This can be perfectly overwhelming and disappointing upon first thought or glance, but when circumstances are mulled over a bit more delicately....other things come into the light.  Things like possibility, opportunity to start anew, hope for the unknown and the willingness to allow the unknown to sit a bit inside oneself...as scary as that may be.  It is a struggle for me, minute to minute I will not lie.  But for now, the knowledge that the unknown doesn't have to be ALL scary, that in an instant, if I shift my thoughts or perspective it can be exciting and hopeful. 

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

No comments:

Post a Comment