Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Unexpected, So Ofen A Welcome Surprise

So much that has gone on lately in my life has brought about the unexpected.  I suspect life would generally be sort of boring if only the expected occurred.  I have noticed lately that I have a tendency to control things, to hold on to things and in some cases hold on (squeeze) so tightly that it ruins whatever good could really ever come from it.  So I have consciously been making an effort to let go.  Something my Mom has tried to teach me my WHOLE life thus far. I know Mom, it's taken a bit but I'm trying. 

Surprisingly,ever since I've been trying to be mindful of letting things happen, letting go of controlling or fixing a situation, welcome and unexpected things have been flooding into my life.  It's almost to a point I feel as though the air I am breathing is different.  Like I've been asleep for so long and finally I am awake and experiencing things again.  Life feels good.  I will continue to allow his process to unfold....hopefully with more unexpected surprises down the road.



Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment