Thursday, September 16, 2010

When The Other Side Of Life Smacks You In The Face

I am an idealist.  I am a dreamer.  I believe in the good in people.  I believe that one day there can be peace in the world.  I trust people inherently.  Sometimes this outlook does not always work out for me.  It's hard to bring together that side of me that just believes people mean to do good and the reality that sometimes sneaks up on you and disappoints you.  It makes me lose some faith in the human race.  I want so badly to pass on my hope and idealism to my daughter but I guess, as her Dad has pointed out sometimes, you need to show her a bit of the reality too.  How do I do that without squishing hope and dreams for a bright beautiful world?  There is so much beauty out there and so much to smile at that I suppose these smudges here and there need to be looked at as just that.  Small little dirty marks on life that shouldn't tarnish your outlook as a whole.  But man, I am being tested today.

I am grateful for the family that surrounds us that helps us remember that there is so much good in people, and the support group of friends that continues to grow.  I haven't had that in awhile. 

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.  ~William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment