Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Attitude Of Gratitude .....Even Through The Storms

I have to admit, my Mom gave me a journal almost 5 years ago now and she told me to write in it everyday what I was grateful for that day.  Though it has maintained its place right by my bedside I have yet to actually write in it.  I love to write, I love words.  I love to surround myself with beautiful, supportive, inspirational words, there is no obvious reason that I shouldn't have started and maintained this beautiful journal.  I think now is the time...I am trying to change my outlook and I have been told "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".  I want to express my gratitude to the world, even if it is on pages in a private closed journal.  That still counts as putting it out into the universe right?  In times of trial, which I am all too familiar with lately, its good to be able to look around and see the spots of light in your life like the spots of blue sky peeking out through the Grey clouds after today's rain.  I have a lot to be grateful for in my life, and as time goes on i still find there is even MORE I can see in my life that I am truly lucky to have around me.  Tonight, I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment